Greg Alchin is an independent consultant in Accessibility, Personalised Learning, User Experience Design and e-Learning. Greg shares his time between his consultancy and his work with the NSW DEC’s Rural and Distance Education Unit where he provides advice and support to schools as well as senior officers on strategies to improve educational outcomes, engagement and participation of students from rural schools. Greg’s expertise in utilising a broad range of learning technologies to empower learners with diverse needs has been recognised in Australia and overseas for 20 years. Greg’s most recent awards for his work include:
- 2013 – Apple Asia-Pacific Institute Member – Greg is one of only 200 members selected.
- 2012 – Apple Global Institute Member – Greg is one of only 250 members world wide.
- 2011 – NSW Premier’s Teachers Scholarship (Special Education) – Greg was selected to further is research into universal design for learning.
- 2009 – Apple Distinguished Educator - Greg was selected to become one of thirty Apple Education Leaders in the Australia / NZ region.
- 2009 – Apple Accessibility Ambassador - Greg was selected due to his specialist skills in utilising Apple Technologies to support learner variability.
- 2008 – Adobe Education Leader - Greg was selected to become one of nine Adobe Education Leaders in the Australia / NZ region.
- 2005 – Inspired Teachers Scholarship for Visual Learning - Greg was selected by Inspiration Software as one of 30 educators worldwide for his ongoing work in the area of graphical organisers and visual learning.
- 2004 – NSW Computer Education Group Medal - Greg was awarded this prestigious medal by this professional teachers association in recognition of his long term work in promoting the ethical and appropriate use of technology in education.
- 2002 – Apple Educator of Excellence - Greg was selected by Apple for this award in recognition of his work on the use of digital video as a cross curricula tool.
Working with Greg enables you and your learners to transform your learning experience!